Uttoxeter 2012 - CANCELLED - Arse !

Natter about bike related stuff here
The Mighty Gusset

Uttoxeter 2012 - CANCELLED - Arse !

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:27 pm

If you've been paying attention properly then you'll know that Hazel and I are trying to organise a Forum Gathering at next years Uttoxeter show.
If you haven't been paying attention then you need to know that Hazel and I are trying to organise a Forum Gathering at next years Uttoxeter show !

It seems like a no-brainer to us - if you display a 'classic' bike then you get a pair of free tickets for the weekend, camping included, and there are bars, food and even live bands thrown in.
Oh, and there are a few other folks showing off their old bikes too.
Why would you not want to be there ?

Ok, it's still 10 months away, so we're not asking you to definitely and categorically guarantee that you're going to be there, but it'd be nice if we had a general idea of how many people, and how many bikes, we can get there.
The more bikes we can get the more space we can blag out of the organisers.

Obviously me and Hazel will will be there, I'd say with Old Scrofulous and the TriBSA for definite, and maybe a few other bits of shonky old tat.

Who else ?
Add yourself and your bike below.
Last edited by The Mighty Gusset on Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zunspec

Re: Uttoxeter 2012 - Register your interest (PLEASE !)

Unread post by Zunspec » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:53 pm

1966 Triumph 500 Speed Twin.

If the weather looks to be dry over the weekend it would be nice to ride up. Will there be a campsite ? Will there be Beer ? Will there be victuals ?

Cheers Zunspec

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:17 pm

Zunspec wrote: If the weather looks to be dry over the weekend it would be nice to ride up. Will there be a campsite ? Will there be Beer ? Will there be victuals ?
As newcomers we're unlikely to get space in any of the halls/marquees, so we'll be out in the open - this year the Virago Owners had a huge area and were camping very close by, I'd hope we could do something similar, but yes, there's plenty of camping space.
It's bring your own beer, and we can probably organise a barbecue, but there are bars and food folks on site anyway - and there's a dirty great big Te$co just around the corner should supplies run low.
I'll probably cook up a Chilli.
Dunno about a run into the show (we'll probably take more than two bikes, so it'll be a trailer job for us), but there's no reason why some of us couldn't take a run out on the Saturday.
Plans are still very loose, but we'd like to organise some sort of interactive forumy thingy, possibly with a live webcam, as part of the idea is obviously to publicise the forum (as well as just meeting up and getting pissed !)
Any other ideas and suggestions are more than welcome.

Zunspec

Unread post by Zunspec » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:25 pm

If I'm camping I'm going to keep well clear of a Gus "super chilli" I don't want a ring of fire experience when the Bog is at the other end of the camp site :lol:

Like the idea of getting pissed and meeting folk though.

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:33 pm

There are plenty of bogs, and there are even showers !

spitfiregoggles

Unread post by spitfiregoggles » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:46 pm

We'll be there; on the MZ if it's roadworthy or CB750 if not......
Simon & Sue

paulcali3

Unread post by paulcali3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:46 pm

Sounds good. What's the date? 10 months away might just be enough time for the wife to get used to the idea.

Greenbat

Unread post by Greenbat » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:59 pm

Yep, I'm in. I'd like to take as many of mine as possible, if anyone is stuck for a bike then, subject to insurance, you can take one of mine. Not exactly broughs and goldies (though I did get a vincent V twin for a fiver today :D ), but they smoke and leak oil so near enough. I'll sort trailering as many as I can, but rather they be ridden there. I'm not a trailer queen person.

The Mighty Gusset

Unread post by The Mighty Gusset » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:04 pm

paulcali3 wrote:Sounds good. What's the date?
It's Saturday 10th September mate !

Oh, you mean Uttoxeter !
Dunno yet, this year it was the weekend of 2nd-3rd July, so I assume it'll be around the same time of year - we're still awaiting details from the organisers.

Velton

Unread post by Velton » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:26 pm

I am definitely a maybe!

Bikewise?
Well the XBR is always good to go.
Guzzi 1000S3 should be finished by then! ;)

And as for the eponymous Velton?
Well, that is in the lap of the Gods.
(Or my mate Tony! :lol: )

What security will be in place?
Especially overnight?
Just being old doesn't make it a "Classic."

Aaaah! Nostalgia is not what it used to be!